Friday, September 2, 2011

Tuna Burger


I made this Tuna Burger recipe this morning and it is really good! I used a whole can of tuna, so I almost doubled the egg white portion which I thought was way too much egg white (turned out too soupy). I would suggest trying a whole can of tuna and keep the portion of egg whites at 1/4 cup. Maybe add a few more of the spices as well, but leave the onion the same. It's trial error if you ask me.....

Ingredients:
•1/2 can of drained tuna
•1/4 cup of egg whites
•1/2 an onion
•1/2 a tomato
•1/4 cup of sprouts
•1 large spoonful of flax
•pinch of parsley
•pinch of pepper
•1 Tsp of mustard
•2 pieces of romaine lettuce
•1/2 Tsp of garlic
EVOO

Instructions:
1. chop onions and throw in frying pan with a little olive oil until lightly browned
2. in a bowl mix together tuna, egg whites, flax, parsley, pepper, garlic and onions
3. With hands make into a patty and put on med. heat in the frying pan
4. dice tomatos
5. Once both sides are brown, take off heat and put it on one piece of lettuce
6. Add tomatoes, mustard and sprouts on top and your other piece of lettuce