Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bulgolgi Recipe

I have a wonderful friend, Sukay, who prepared an authentic Korean dish for a bunch of us ladies at her get-together just a couple weeks ago.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  I could not stop eating it.  I have been craving it since her party and asked her for the recipe.  This is just a fabulous, tasty and pretty simple authentic Korean dish to make.  Thanks Sukay for the recipe and I hope all of you enjoy it.



1 lb. Lean Beef (like sirloin)
2 Tbsp Sugar
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Ground Sesame Seeds
4 Tbsp Green Onion (white & green)
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
White Rice

Optional Ingredients:
Shredded Carrots, Extra Onion, Extra Garlic

Combine all the ingredients except the meat into a large Ziploc bag.  Slice the beef very thin and add it to the marinade.  Marinate the mixture for at least 24 hours (I did mine for 48-72 hours).  Cook your rice just before you're ready to prepare the meat.

Add a little coconut oil to your frying pan.  Cook on med/high heat until the meat is done to your liking and it caramelizes a little.   Serve hot over the rice.

Note: If you slice the beef partially thawed, it's easier to cut into thin slices.  Cut the beef against the grain.

Note: I multiplied my recipe x4 so I had lots of it for leftovers.  I just don't think a pound would go very far with the four of us (me especially - I love this stuff).