Friday, September 13, 2013

Today's Menu

Here is today's menu (at least while I'm at work).  I like to break mine down by mini-meals.  Since the concept is eating every 2-3 hours, it just makes more sense for me.  Each of my mini-meals (except "breakfast") usually consist of a healthy carb & protein:

Mini-Meal #1: 3/4 Cup Oatmeal with agave nectar, ground flaxseed & coconut milk

Mini-Meal #2: Slider size turkey burger w/ mustard & fresh pineapple

Mini-Meal #3: Mixture of romaine & red leaf lettuce, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and 2 Tbsp. of my own dressing

Mini-Meal #4: Slider size turkey burger w/ mustard & sweet corn

I still have (2) mini-meals to go today.  I'm thinking grilled salmon & pea pods and maybe some popcorn for my end of the day snack (see popcorn recipe here on my blog)

Dressing Recipe:
1/2 Cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Clove of Garlic (sliced up)
1/4 Tsp. Ground Pepper
1 Tsp. Agave Nectar

Mix all the above ingredients and let sit for an hour or so (to infuse the garlic).  Then strain the garlic out (as you don't want to leave whole garlic sitting in foods - it can cause botulism).  Place the dressing in your favorite dispenser and use all week on your salads.